Saturday, February 27, 2016

Chelsea, New York

These are the last pictures I wanted to share with you from my New York trip. Most of the pictures below were taken in the Chelsea neighborhood when Sandra and I visited the Chelsea market. There were plenty of chic boutiques inside and although tempting, I didn't go on a shopping spree. I only bought a perfume bottle with pump. I always wanted one of those. 

I remembered I promised you to tell you about my evening on Broadway. I was a fan of the Phantom of the Opera for the longest time. I only saw videos on YouTube from various performances and the Phantom of the Opera 2004 movie. I knew all the lyrics to the songs and when I heard that the show is coming to Bucharest last year I was so excited I couldn't sleep.
I was very disappointed though when I found out it's going to be translated for the Romanian audience. No offence to my fellow Romanians and the amazing cast that played at the National Theatre of Operetta"Ion Dacian", but I din't feel like buying tickets afterwards. 

I decided to wait and see the Phantom of the Opera live for the first time the way I always pictured it in my head, in English. The opportunity arose when I was in New York three months ago, I immediately jumped at the chance and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was blown away by how perfect everything was. The cast was brilliant, the costumes were amazing and I wouldn't mind if I had to watch it a million times. I highly recommend it. 




No comments: