Friday, August 29, 2014

Albania Durres and Tirana

Hi! I know it's been a while, but I have a good excuse. For the past three weeks I have been busy being a mom for our new Persian cat, Yuki. Taking care of a 3 month old kitten turned out to be quite a challenge even for for me. Although I knew a thing or two when it came to cats thanks to my gorgeous Tenshi, who's now 10 years old, I still lacked confidence that I would make a good mom to Yuki. As expected, I am quite the over-dramatic type and my little Yuki has been to 4 veterinarians that have assured me that he is healthy and perfectly fine. You see he had a breathing problem that made me very nervous and couldn't find peace of mind until we ran all the test possible to determine if it's something wrong with him or not.
All is good and now I can go back to my normal routine. I have a few more posts prepared from my most recent vacation and today I will take you to the capital of Albania, Tirana, and to the previous capital of Albania, Durres.
Located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea, Durres is a quiet ancient city with many historic attractions, museums and theaters. Here you can also find the largest beach in Albania that is a very popular summer attraction for tourists. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to sunbathe, but I did have time to visit the largest Roman amphitheater in the Balkans.
In Tirana we visited the Skanderbeg square named after the Albanian national hero Skanderbeg, Et'hem Bey Mosque and the Clock Tower both built by Haxhi Et'hem Bey.


2 comments:

Laura Tenshi said...

Beautiful my dear!! Blocurile alea mi-au amintit de Romania O.O

Laura Tenshi said...

ALBANIA! Cum ti s-a parut Tirana? Mie mi s-a parut fooooarte ciudata, era sa ma calce masina de cel putin 5 ori, si am fost socata de cum aratau cladirile din aproprierea centrului. Dubios orasul, se vede ca e bantuit de comunism :) Dar te invata niste chestii si destinatiile de genul Tiranei, ma bucur ca ai ajuns pe acolo! Te pup!

Iulia Romana Pop
www.lajoliejulie.com

Share It