Monday, June 16, 2014

White lace top and Skirt Bike

Hi! I can barely type now, but I am not going to let this stop me from blogging. My hands and feet are sore from yesterday. Why? You might ask. I learned to ride a bike at 25. You have no idea how fulfilling that moment was for me. I really thought that there was no hope for me and that I was a lost cause until I met the wonderful girls behind the project SkirtBike.

Let me tell you how I got to meet Mihaela and Roxana. Mihaela contacted me the other day to ask me if I would be interested in becoming a Skirt Bike ambassador and if I would like to be part of the project "Cyclist Fashionista". 
I was very happy that they approached me because this is a lovely project and wanted to say yes to this proposal on the spot.

The only problem was that I had no idea how to ride a bike. I was actually a little embarrassed to admit it, but I was honest with her and told her about my Achilles' heel.
To my surprise she replied that this wasn't gonna be a problem and that I could learn how to ride a bike in no time. I was like, no, no, others have tried and failed. It's just no use! I can't learn how to ride a bike.
Mihaela said that I should give it a try and come meet her and Roxana, my bike tutor, on Sunday at a Skirt Bike event.

OK. Deal! I was prepared for the worst, but hoped for the best. I arrived at the meeting point and the girls grabbed their bikes. They were very confident that I would succeed, but I was lacking the confidence and because of my doubts I couldn't do anything. I was stuck.
But then I thought to myself, these girls just met me and they believe in me, why can't I believe in myself? That's when I realized that the only one standing in the way was me and that nothing is impossible when you believe in yourself. 

I now know that a positive mindset goes a long way. I am forever grateful to Skirt Bike for this bike lesson that turned out into a valuable life lesson.

If you know how to ride a bike in a fashionable way you can participate in the Skirt Bike parade that will take place on July 6th in Bucharest. The route will be Palatul Copiilor - Bd. Tineretului, Bd. Dimitrie Cantemir, Piata Unirii - Piata Universitatii - Piata Romana - Piata Victoriei - Bd. Aviatorilor - Parcul Herastrau (intrarea Pescarus). 
Meeting hour: 15:00-16:00. Take off: 16:00.

P.S. Pretty soon, when I will master the bike riding technique, I am going to ride in a fashionable way too. In an outfit like the one below for example.


 

2 comments:

Laura Tenshi said...

It is never too late to learn riding a bike. Congrats Laura!

Laura Tenshi said...

Congrats Laura! It was awesome, we now how more trust in our teaching abilities, so it was a lesson for everyone. :D

Can't wait for you to join us in a Skirt Bike parade! ;)