Sunday, May 25, 2014

Istanbul Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Bazaar

Hi! I hope you are not tired with my Istanbul travel posts yet because I have one last post for you. What am I saying. Of course you are not. This is Istanbul we are talking about. 
It's been almost 2 months since I left this wonderful city and I miss it already. If you look at the pictures below I am sure you can understand why. Istanbul has an addictive flavor.

Speaking of flavors, I visited the Egyptian bazaar, also known as Spice Market, and saw all of these spices, herbs and medicinal plants that I never even heard of. Since I am not a foodie, I didn't buy anything there and wrapped things up quick. There was one bazaar I was excited to see though. The Grand Bazaar is one of the oldest and largest markets in the whole wide world, so it seemed like the perfect place for a shopaholic like me to visit.

Quick advice. If you ever visit the Grand Bazaar, don't make eye contact with the merchandisers. You will never get rid of them. Even if you are not interested in buying anything at all from their stand, they will think that you are just playing hard to get and will follow you around like a Pac-man ghost. 

Grand Bazaar
Egyptian Bazaar

1 comment:

Laura Tenshi said...

Simply wonderful pics! I love your style.