Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pulse at Bucharest Fashion Week

Hi! Friday, April 25th, was the last day of Bucharest Fashion Week Spring 2014 edition and one of my friends that was involved in organizing this event, invited me to attend.
Although this was the 20th edition of Bucharest Fashion Week, it was the first edition I went to and I didn't know what to expect. The public's perception of this event isn't exactly great and judging by some of the collections that were presented during this event over the years, I can honestly understand why.  
However, that didn't stop me from going and see with my own eyes how things really are at Bucharest Fashion Week. There's no way to sugarcoat it, there's still a long way to go, many things that need to be improved, but I am going to focus and talk about the positive side of this event.

For me, it was a great surprise and pleasure to discover four talented, promising, young designers that launched their very first collection last Friday. The four young women behind Pulse presented their Fusion spring-summer 2014 Collection.
The concept was truly unique and for me it was like breath of fresh air (no pun intended).
Here is what the designers had to say about their first collection:

"Digital evolution is enhancing the area where technology and humans meet, influencing more and more the synergy between the habitual and informational side of an individual. The increased usage of technology alters the way people engage in social experiences, and leads them to an imminent sense of isolation in today's society. At the same time, our consciousness, imagination, and abstracting intelligence have conferred upon humanity the unique awareness of our connection to Nature. The multi-level dialogue of FUSION collection becomes visible through organic textures, unconventional use of materials, fresh pastel chromatics and metallic accents."

 This looks like the beginning of a beautiful brand.


No comments: