Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Snow White

Hi! Remember when I said on Halloween that I can't pretend I am someone or something else, not even for a day because I would find myself breaking character and the whole point of wearing a costumer is being as convincing as possible for your look to succeed?

Well, my friends from Bucharest Style made me change my mind a couple of weeks ago when they asked me to be part of a fun project. I am surprised I was able to keep this secret for so long. I usually spill the beans and ruin everything.

Anyway, the surprise was unveiled yesterday at Bucharest Style's anniversary party and for those who couldn't attend, let me explain why I am holding an apple in my hand.
The project that Raluca and Silvia wanted me to be part of was a photoshoot with fellow bloggers where we would dress up like characters from Oscar winning movies.

Of course, my biggest challenge was to choose a character. I remembered that every since I was a child people would call me "Snow White" because I was pale all the time. The other nickname kids gave me growing up was "Laura the Dragon"(it's funny if you translate it to Romanian because it rhymes) It was a tough decision (NOT), but I decided to go with "Snow White" in the end.

Once the character was picked, I had to find the perfect dress and the perfect apple (if you do your grocery shopping at the supermarkets you understand why this can be a difficult task)

Cristina, the designer behind La Mode Toujours, was kind enough to give me this dress for the shooting and I want to thank her for the support!

The last piece of the puzzle was the location. What better place for a Disney princess than a palace? Yes, that's right. These pictures were taken inside Spayer palace in Bucharest that is now known as Inspayer Bistro

What do you think? Do I look like Disney's favorite heroine?

Many thanks go to Florina Dumitrache Film and Photography for the wonderful pictures.


3 comments:

Laura Tenshi said...

Your outfit is amazing. Nice story by the way.

Laura Tenshi said...

Super cool pics

Awesome outfit!! Nice work <3

http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/03/arquivo-morto.html

Laura Tenshi said...

<3 thank you

Share It