Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ecochic Vintage Fair & Fashion Show by Mini Prix

Hi ! Yesterday I attended a vintage fair and a fashion show held by Mini Prix with the following theme : Ecochic ( Sustainable Fashion ). I wasn't exactly sure what this concept really meant when I first got the invitation and I am sure there are some of you who are wondering what's this all about, so, let me share with you some information about sustainable fashion that I've got from Wikipedia.

Sustainable fashion, also called eco fashion, is a part of the growing design philosophy and trend of sustainability, the goal of which is to create a system which can be supported indefinitely in terms of environmentalism and social responsibility. Sustainable fashion is part of the larger trend of sustainable design where a product is created and produced with consideration to the environmental and social impact it may have throughout its total life span, including its "carbon footprint". According to the May 2007 Vogue appears not to be a short-term trend but one could last multiple seasons.While environmentalism used manifest itself in the fashion world through a donation of percentage of sales of a product to a charitable cause, fashion designers are now re-introducing eco-conscious methods at the source through the use of environmentally friendly materials and socially responsible methods of production. 

I always say: When in doubt, use google ! 

I was really impressed with the clothes on the catwalk, the designers did a really good job considering that they only had some old fabrics and ragged clothes available. They've completely reinvented those items and turn them into chic, unique clothing.
I was also impressed with the location of the event, a restaurant called Maxim that had a big, gorgeous terrace and flowers inside birdcages. The event was filled with tasty treats and all visitors received gift bags. 

Overall it was a fantastic event, very well organized and I've had a great time catching up with so many of my Romanian blogger friends, Anaivilo, Silvia and Raluca, Ioana, Diana, Teodora, Stella. You can see for yourselves in the following pictures.


14 comments:

modniza said...

so lovely pics! nu am vazut prajiturile... ! vad un piciorus in foxy! vreau si eu. te imbratisez cu drag.mersi mult!

Ivânia Santos (Diamond) said...

Lovely post!So delicious :)

Andreea said...

Aaaaaaah, de ce n-au zis ma ca e cu prajituri ca poate veneam si eu:)) Glumesc...ar fi fost frumos sa ajung dar nu sunt in Bucuresti deci no cupcakes for me. Frumoase aranjamentele, frumoase pozele, frumoase si voi iar ideea mi se pare tare interesanta. Bravo mini prix, chiar e o surpriza placuta din partea lor:)

The Hearabouts said...

First pic = cupcake pic? U'r tryin to kill me :))

Suuuper faine pozele, decoratiunile au fost superbe si mor dupa outfit-ul tau! De data asta nu am ajuns, dar sper sa ne vedem soon (mai avem un pic si terminam scoala, hihi).

Hugss,
S.

Boheme.Fille said...

Awesome event!..and you, my darling, look amazing! I'm so in love with that skirt it kills me!

minnja said...

Wow, stunning blog :))) I follow you now. Please follow back, it would make me very happy :)))

LOVE minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

sacramento said...

Wonderful photos, laura. You know what I feel about your aoufit.
Missing you always.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kavery said...

The tea pot would make a perfect gift. And those cupcakes got my tummy rumbling!

Becky Regina said...

Wow seems like a great event! I love all of the clothes :D

michelle_ said...

lovely picss !
the cupcakes look sooo delicious there :)


www.glisters and blisters.com

Lee Oliveira said...

I don't know if I look the cupcakes, the fashion or your style..
Oh my.. everything is fabulous
lee x

Pop Champagne said...

nice pictures, you and your friends all look so fashionable, and I like how minimal and chic the models look with their outfits

lasophia said...

These pics are so nice. Im glad you recognized Dulce Maria on my blog, not a lot of people did haha. I loved RBD!

Sophia
http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

AB FAB Team said...

Multumim mult de tot pentru post! Ne bucuram mult de tot ca ti-a placut!Restaurantul se numeste Maxim si daca vreti sa vedeti mai multe poze puteti acceesa: http://www.restaurantmaxim.ro/

PUPPPP
http://abfab-magazine.blogspot.com/

Share It