Thursday, March 31, 2011

Best of

Hi ! I am so excited, today marks my 1st year anniversary for posting outfits on my blog, so, I will take you down memory lane and show you my absolute favorite looks. Before I started showcasing my personal style, I've struggled to find my blogger's voice.

I could tell you that I have always had a big interest in fashion and clothes, but I would be lying. The truth is that I started caring about my appearance in college.  I've followed school dress codes all of my life and experimenting with my style was out of the question back then. I felt trapped because I wasn't able to express my creativity and it wasn't until 3 years ago that I've let my suppressed personality out. 

I've come to realize that I have a deep affection for bright colors and that I love mixing different patterns and prints. So, I wore everything that I liked. People were staring at me, laughing behind my back, saying how ridiculous I look in those outfits. It wasn't a smooth ride at all, but as time went by, I began to ignore them and dress according to my personality.

At one point I wondered if others experienced the things I have and that's when I started posting my looks. If others saw me embracing my style, maybe they would do the same. You don't have to be afraid of standing out from the crowd and I hope that, through my blog, I can give you strength to be yourselves.

P.S. I have some exciting news to share with you and a new hairstyle to show you.  But you will have to wait till Saturday, so, stay tuned ! 
  

22 comments:

Cecille said...

Happy B-day to your outfits :)

Anaivilo said...

Happy Birthday for your blog and may many more posts to come!! Hope oyu and your blog will groe fabulous together ;) :D

Iulia Romana said...

La multi mult ani :)Vezi, tu erai cu mult inaintea trendului care ne obsedeaza cu color blocks :D

ada90 said...

La multi ani si cat mai multa inspiratie pentru tinute:)

Indah Nainggolan said...

happy first anniversary to your blog, keep posting your outfit :)love your blog!!

http://dreamybubblebee.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

ohh Happy Birthday then! keep up the good work :)

xoxoxo

sacramento said...

You have always been fantastic, and unique to me.
It will also be my one year blogging for me, on the 7th of April.
I am so glad to have you amongst my blogger´s friends, my dear Laura.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Hearabouts said...

Color blocking and print mixing at their finest :D. Congrats for daring to be differrent!

Hugs,
S.

kittenhood said...

happy anniversary! I like the message of your post and I'm glad you took this decision an year ago :)

polliani said...

I love the way you mix patterns :)

miha, skinny buddha said...

congrats on your one year annyversary. i love yous style, keep up the good work :)

Andreea said...

Your love for color made me like you so much along with the crazy prints:D Not to mention your awesome haircut and funny writing. So yeah, glad i discovered your blog:P
Happy birthday my dear, to your blog, to you and your colorful style:D

Kisses

Ivânia Santos (Diamond) said...

Great post darling!

Lovely style <333


xoxo*

Kavery said...

Happy blog birthday and hope to be around for more. Your outfits are always unique and I hope that never changes!

FashionJazz said...

I love the way that you play with colour hun! Love all your looks! Happy Birthday to your blog! Have a lovely wknd xx

Maike said...

love this post! :)

Lee Oliveira said...

Congrats on your first year. I'm yet to reach that milestone. Your style is so unique and I'm am not going to say it again but I will. You and colour go hand in hand. I've enjoyed following you and am looking forward to another year. Keep it coming.

Lee
x

Becky Regina said...

Happy blog anniversary! I love how your looks are always so colorful :)

knk said...

you looks soo pretty now

Catarina Silva said...

love some of the looks, well in fact love the MOST OF THEM :) really nice clothes *

SoapyMermaid said...

amazed by your crightly colourful outfits and the way you do your hair : stunning! :)

SoapyMermaid said...

love your style so much so personal so unique... <3