Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Faux Fur

Hi. I don't know about you, but I never made New Year's resolutions in my life. The reason for this is that I believe when you really want something to happen, you make it happen, PERIOD.
No promises, no wishes, just ACTIONS. So, if there's something missing in your life, why waste time trying to convince yourself that you need to go get it?
 I guess we all need reasons to start something or to quit something, but what's there to think about if that's truly the best thing for you?
What I am trying to say is, don't wait for January 1st to quit smoking, or to start exercising, do it as soon as possible if these things bother you. Start Today and see the results Tomorrow.
Ok, that might have been a little too dramatic even for me. Let's move on to another topic.

A couple of weeks ago I entered a fashion contest held by Elle Romania and one of my outfits won. My prize is a Gift Voucher, so, you can imagine how excited I am about this since I love to shop. Thank you Elle and Sprider for organizing this cool contest.

The other exciting news I want to share with you is that one of my outfits has been chosen to appear on a Spanish style magazine called Vanidad (for their online section “The look of the day”)
You can check it out here
There is also a small interview in Spanish that I translated for you, you can read in English at my Features and Interviews page here 


Now, there are only a few days left until this year ends and I want to let you know how grateful I am for everything that has happened to me this past year.
I don't want to sound cheesy now, but I want to thank all of you who take the time to visit my blog and comment. I really appreciate all of your support, you made this year so much better for me. I hope you will still be by my side in 2011.



32 comments:

Muhammad Umer said...

amazing collection .. : )


view more Fur designs at
http://www.myfunmails.com/2010/12/fur-fabulously-hot-this-season.html

Andreea said...

Wow, so many exiting news:D Congrats about the Elle contest and also for the spanish magazine feature:D I've read the article and i have one question...Aristotle's Politics? Are studying political sciences?;;) Please tell me you do:D

kisses

Andreea said...

Yep:D Dar la Universitate, nu la SNSPA.Chiar am niste munti de carti de citit, printre care si Aristotel, d'asta am intrebat:D

sacramento said...

I do agree with you about New Years resolutions. Any day can be a day to change or not!!!!.
I Didn´t know Vanidades. Now, thanks to you, I do.
I love the blue boots, and your whole winning outfit. I had set my heart on a pair of blue boots. See if they come to me hehehehe.
Congrats on all your winning so well deserved.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Ivânia Santos (Diamond) said...

woow dear...
lovely skirt!!!


great coat <33


xoxo*

Mila said...

Oh how pretty.

Anaivilo said...

Ce misto! Conrgats on your feature, and that contest! Great job :D
I realllllyyy love your skirt here, is so flirty and fun! :D

Mia Delessi said...

These are some exciting news, I'm so happy for you :D

About the new yer athing, I don't pay much attention to it. I believe that if we really want to do something we do it now. New year is just an excuse for those who are too lazy to do something.

THE DESERT FOX said...

Well written, and here's to new years resolutions!

michelle_ said...

whooop ! hail to 2011 !
may the best opportunities be laid upon for us bloggers :)

well written post laura !


glisters and blisters

Brittany said...

You are sweet! Congrats on all those amazing features, that is so exciting! And I loved your view on resolutions, I completely agree! Can't wait to see more of your looks in 2011 :)


http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

Boheme.Fille said...

Congrats, Laura! You deserved all that happened to you! Wish an amazing new year! Kisses!

Ima said...

Wow you are very lucky. Congratz! :)

Boheme.Fille said...

Thank you! I don't know about the fun tomorrow, don't have any plans.

Do you?

Alice in vintageland said...

Lovely as usual! I always love your unusual mix of materials and patterns and the way you pull them off. As for the advice with acting instead of dreaming I totally agree, I should do that!:)Congrats about the Elle contest and spanish magazine feature!:)

classiq said...

Congrats for Vanidad magazine! I agree with you regarding the resolutions, (make things happen now!), but making resolutions for the new year is a way of motivating yourself, in wishing more from the new year, it challenges you to improve yourself. Maybe some people need an impulse. Happy New Year
Ada

QueenDesi said...

yay!! love the faux fur coat..
congratulation for the future :)

THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

in Love&Light
Queen D

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

Cute combination of fabrics.
Love the denim and black mixed together.

FASHIONABLE PRIS said...

I love your leopard coat!!! Looks so warm, confortable and fashionable:)

Please visit my blog and enter my HUB giveaway!!

xxx

http://www.fashionablepris.blogspot.com/

Faboulista said...

Happy New Year Laura!
first of all congrats on all the feautures. u totally desrve it. your blog has grown so much and it is such an insipration to me.
second as to the resolutions... i always make resolutions and lately i find that i do keep them. making them motivates me thorughout the year to keep looking back at them ad they help me stay on my path. plus they always come deep from our inner desires so most likely they will be achieved some how.
xoxo
mina

The Hearabouts said...

I don't make New Year's resolutions either. I just make wishes :P.

Congrats again for the win and the feature >:D<. The outfit is p.e.r.f.e.c.t!

Anyway, let's hope 2011 will be better than 2010. I'm optimistic!

Hugs and have a Happy New Year!!!
S.

StylePicks said...

Happy New Year!


StylePicks
http://stylepicks.blogspot.com

Rand T said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SO LOVELYYY!!!:)
xx

SucceedingatFailing said...

omg congratualtions!

and i love the coat and boots! :)

happy new year!

Mary said...

I never made New Year's resolutions so I totally agree with you

Thekla said...

wowwww <3 the faux fur is amazing<3


http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ check my blog out you might see some nice outfits you like!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR BEAUTIFUL:)xxx

papillonchouette said...

gorgeous faux fur :)

I'm like that too: if you want something to change in your life, do it today :) you'll have results in the morning... Happy New year!!

xo

Pop Champagne said...

aww LOVE those pics! congrats on winning you deserve it. and yeah I agree don't wait for new year to start something, usually if I want to do something I start right away like going outdoor more, which is what I did today lol. hope you had a great new year love!

Iulia Romana said...

Felicitari ♥

Cecille said...

Congrats!! you deserve it!

Fashion Me Chic said...

Good for your Elle win and spanish magazine look of the day. It is nice to be recognized for your personal style.

Maybe we can follow each other?

http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

BusiChic said...

Congratulions! I just found your blog and am blown away by your achievements - can't wait to see what you have in store for 2011! Xx from Australia