Sunday, November 14, 2010

Over the knee socks

Hi. So, the last item that I had to show you from Topshop was this pair of over the knee socks. They are, in my opinion, PERFECT. The only problem was, my wardrobe wasn't fully prepared to welcome them, as I had no short dresses, nor skirts to show them off. Then I remembered that I had bought this military print mini skirt almost 6 years ago. Who thought that I would still fit in that? I certainly didn't think it was possible until, in a last, desperate, attempt to find something to wear, I've taken it out from the back of my closet.  Let me tell you what a great feeling is to see you can still wear your high-school clothes. 
Come to think about it, I was quite a visionary back in the days, don't you think? The military fashion trend it's still going strong after all these years but in 2005, no one gave it a chance, it wasn't until 2008 that it became popular. 
Anyway, I have been very surprised by the weather we have been having lately. Even though winter is right around the corner, it feels like it's spring here. We have record warm temperatures for this time of year, 20-25 degrees Celsius, can you believe it? I guess I am fine with it, I am not much of a winter person anyway.

25 comments:

s a n d r a said...

loooove love love the shoes! they're so fab!! lovely outfit, as usual! :)

The Hearabouts said...

Oh, these overknees ARE perfect, indeed !! I want a pair,too, but in black. And a camouflage mini skirt.. who would have thought :) .

It's true. Nothing compares to the joy one feels when she finds that she still fits into high-school clothes.

S.

Ivânia Santos (Diamond) said...

Loveeeee your socks and shoes <3



xoxo my dear :D*

Cecille said...

love them!!

ALEXA - ALEXANDRA said...

Hmmm Loves It ;x

am si eu o pereche oversized pe negru dar ma strang fratee:)):-ss

adore outfitul

xoxo

Sumo Dewan said...

such a cute outfit
love the shoes

Stefani said...

Love those shoes!!

Alice in vintageland said...

Oh, how I envy you, my lucky virtual friend. I was a slim vision in high school just as you are now))))), even had a four pack or something similar:)))) Love the over the knees and I like the way you paired them, I like that is a bit unusual and different to the way they are usually worn.:)

MarchMusings said...

When you bought the skirt years ago who'd have thought it'd become mainstream fashion one day. Smart choice.

Lee Oliveira said...

You got those gorgeous shoes again! and don't worry.. i love the long socks with the military look.
I have seen you in this tough/sexy look of yours and I actually love it.
My camera would die to photograph you
LOx

ching said...

weeeee i like it. you always style up something fresh.

FashionJazz said...

Love your over the knee socks babe! Hope you had a lovely wknd xxx

Heels lover said...

Evident ca balesc din nou pe sosetele tale:P Si tocmai cand ma pregateam sa intreb de unde le ai:D, citesc "Topshop"...Speram si eu:( Sunt frumoase tare si iti vin foarte bine cu pantofii inflorati si fusta:)

Heels lover said...

Cred ca eu si negrii din Mozambic mai suntem fara facebook(desi e posibil ca ei sa aiba:-?)...Nu, nu am dar cred ca am sa imi fac zilele astea ca prea ma lovesc de el peste tot.Te anunt:P

Danielle @ Antiquated Treasures said...

I love both the over the knee socks and the cowl scarf!! Adorable blog! I'm following.

classiq said...

I love over the knee socks! I love to wear them with lace-up boots.

Emiko said...

I really lvoe your outidt! Very cute cordinated and lovely colors. The backgrounds for the photos are super gorgeous too!!
Is it really 20-25 degrees where you're at? I would've had a lot less clothes than you XD
here in sweden we have about 2 C XD

hiven said...

adorable x hivennn.

MISSY S THE THRIFTY WISHFUL-FASHIONISTA said...

i like the shooooooooooes hun! its really gorgeous! they look really good on you!


Taradiddles of style on a budget

michelle_ said...

fabulous as always laura !
the shoes are LOVELY ! you pulled off those socks really well !

thanks for stopping by at my blog !
glisters and blisters

Pop Champagne said...

the scarf looks great and I love those over the knee socks you got! and yeah agree on you about growing old with dignity :D have a great weekend!

Nana said...

so cute! I love the socks and beret!! :)

La pépite modeuse said...

I love your derbies !! :) Great outfit :) xoxo

Polliani said...

love it..:) thanks for visiting me

Kitschmoog said...

always cool ! great style with over the knee socks so perfect for winter . I think otk are forever a chic classic accessory .